Thank you for your recent Skullcandy Gaming purchase. Below please find some simple instructions on setting up your new PLYR 2. Should you run into any trouble, know that our support team is here to help and can be reached at 888.MY.SKULL (697-5855), Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. MST.
The PLYR 2s come paired out of the box but incase you need assistance with re-pairing them then the instructions are below.
1. Make sure the Transmitter and headset are powered on.
2. Press and hold the power buttons on both the transmitter and headset for 2 seconds until the LEDs begin to flash white.
3. Once pairing is complete the power LEDs will stop flashing and turn solid white.
A solid amber light on the headset means the headset is either fully charged or is powered via USB.
A rapid blinking amber light on the headset means the headset needs to be charged (less than 15% remaining).
A solid blinking amber light on the headset means the headset is charging.
*** NOTE: If the headset shutting off randomly try using the charging cable as the power cable and see if that resolves the issue.
Cable 1 and 2 are the same cable just different lengths. The shortest one (number 1) is the power cable. The longest one (number 2) is the charging cable for the headset. Cable 3 is the Xbox live chat cable (this cable is only needed for xbox). Cable 4 is the piggyback RCA cable.
Setup Instructions for PLYR 2 for XBOX 360
If your Xbox is connected ot your TV via HDMI for you will need what is called an HDMI optical audio adapter (THIS IS REQUIRED OR IT WILL NOT WORK).
The reason you need this adapter is because the cable that comes with the xbox 360 is too thick to fit both the HDMI and the standard AV cable at the same time (Playstation does not have this problem). Reference the pictures below for a better understanding.
If using standard AV cables or if you have the optical audio adapter you will plug the following red and white part of the piggyback cables (cable 4) in the picture into the red and white cables of the xbox or into the red and white ports on the optical audio adapter and the other end into the port on the wireless receiver called AUDIO. Then take the short usb cable (cable 1) and plug it into an open USB port on the xbox and the other end into the port of the wireless receiver called PWR. Picture of the wireless receiver (transmitter) is below.
Plug the xbox live chat cable (cable 3) into the controller and into the headset. This is not needed for PS3 or PC.
At this point everything should be connected. Now you will have to change some settings on the Xbox to get the headset and chat to work properly. Below are step by step instructions for that.
Xbox LIVE Settings
1. From the Xbox 360 Dashboard, navigate to Settings.on the far right using the right bumper (RB button) on the controller
2. Select "Preferences" from the menu that follows and press the green "A" button on the controller.
3. Once in the Preferences menu select "Voice" and press the green "A" button on the controller again.
4. On the "Voice" screen, make sure the "Play Through Headset" radial is selected for the Voice Output selection and that the volume is set to "10".