We're stoked about your recent Skullcandy Gaming purchase, and we're here to make sure you get the best possible audio experience with your product. Below you will find instructions on setting up your new PLYR 1 with the Xbox 360. If you have trouble using your PLYR1 headset after following the steps below, you can contact our support team who is here to help and can be reached at 888.MY.SKULL (697-5855), Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. MST.
If your Xbox 360 is plugged into your TV via an HDMI cable you will need what is called an HDMI optical audio adapter (THIS IS REQUIRED OR IT WILL NOT WORK).
Before we get too far into settings, let’s talk about how your console is hooked up. There are slight variations between Xbox 360 console releases that will change your set up slightly. The older First Gen and Arcade versions have the S/PDIF port on the AV cables. The Xbox 360 Elite came with an Optical Audio Adapter, if you no longer have that adapter you will need to purchase one in order to experience the Dolby Digital Sound. The Xbox 360 Slim or “S” has the S/PDIF port right on the back of the console near where the AV cables plug in.
- Plug your optical cable into the optical in port on the PLYR1 headset stand
- Plug your USB to USB mini cable into the mini USB port on the back of the headset stand
- Plug the other end of your optical cable into the optical out port on the back of you Xbox 360 (this may require an adapter)
- Plug your USB to USB mini cable into the USB port on the back of the Xbox 360
- Plug the straight end of your chat cable into the bottom of your PLYR1 headset
- Plug the right angle end of your chat cable and plug it into the bottom of your Xbox 360 controller
Configuring Xbox LIVE settings
- From the Xbox 360 Dashboard, navigate to Settings.on the far right using the right bumper (RB button) on the controller
- Select "Preferences" from the menu that follows and press the green "A" button on the controller. (see picture below)
- Once in the Preferences menu select "Voice" and press the green "A" button on the controller again. (see picture below)
- On the "Voice" screen, make sure the "Play Through Headset" radial is selected for the Voice Output selection and that the volume is set to "10". (see pic below) *Note, if you have a Kinect you will need to mute it
Configuring Dolby Digital settings
- From the Settings menu on the dashboard choose “System” this time instead of Preferences.
- Console Settings > Audio
- Select Digital Output
- From there you can turn on Dolby Digital 5.1 etc.
You should now be good to go so enjoy a little game time with your clan, or watch some Netflix or Hulu in earmazing, mind blowing, Dolby Digital sound!