Thank you for your recent Skullcandy Gaming purchase. Below please find some simple instructions on setting up your new PLYR 2. Should you run into any trouble, know that our support team is here to help and can be reached at 888.MY.SKULL (697-5855), Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. MST.
- Make sure the Transmitter and headset are powered on.
- Press and hold the power buttons on both the transmitter and headset for 2 seconds until the LEDs begin to flash white.
- Once pairing is complete the power LEDs will stop flashing and turn solid white.
- A solid amber light on the headset means the headset is either fully charged or is powered via USB
- A rapid blinking amber light on the headset means the headset needs to be charged (less than 15% remaining).
- A solid blinking amber light on the headset means the headset is charging. *** NOTE: If the headset shutting off randomly try using the charging cable as the power cable and see if that resolves the issue. Cable 1 and 2 are the same cable just different lengths. The shortest one (number 1) is the power cable. The longest one (number 2) is the charging cable for the headset. Cable 3 is the Xbox live chat cable (this cable is only needed for xbox). Cable 4 is the piggyback RCA cable.
PLYR 2 Setup on PC
- This is the easiest setup of all. All you need to do is plug the short USB cable (cable 1) into the PWR port on the transmitter to any open USB port the computer. You will also need to get a 3.5mm auxiliary cable (sold separately and pictured below) and plug one end of that cable into the AUDIO port on the transmitter and the other end into the headphone jack of your computer.
- Most computers will automatically detect it and allow you to use it. Some may need you to go into your sound settings and manually select it. To do so simply go to)
- Control Panel
- On the Playback tab click on Skullcandy GMX Stereo Transmitter and click on Set Default
- Then click on the recording tab
- Click on Skullcandy GMX Stereo Transmitter and click on Set Default;
Note: ***The PLYR2 is mono only via USB (USB input is meant for Chat channel only). The proper PC set-up is to use a 3.5mm cable (not supplied) and plug it from the headphone jack to the Audio port on the TX, and to use USB for the chat channel. The quick start guide should reflect this as well.